The rules for installers shown in this register are:
- They must hold Public Liability Insurance with a minimum cover of £2m and (where necessary) Employers’ Liability Insurance with a minimum cover of £5m.
- They must ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with all statutory requirements including Building Regulations.
- They must ensure that appropriately qualified individuals only undertake installation work.
- Individuals will be required to possess appropriate certification issued by those organisations shown on this website.
- Where a customer requests work through the Fire Door Installer Register website then a certificated installer or individual must attend that customer and carry out the work.
- They must have appropriate procedures in place for dealing with customer complaints in a speedy and efficient manner.
- If they withdraw from any of the fire door installer certification schemes, or if their certification is withdrawn or suspended, they must inform BWF immediately.